Get into this easy + stylish dining table setting for the holidays.
Looking for one more reason to get excited this holiday? How about holiday dining table decor? I don’t know about you but I take hosting very seriously … well the decorating part anyway. Most people (me being one of those people) can’t wait for the holidays to come around to show off their cute dining accessories.
Let’s be honest though; all the accessories in the world are useless if you don’t know how to set a table properly. The first time I did a google search on “how to setup a dining table”, I received a bunch of random results on place setting which looked more complicated than necessary. So believe me when I tell you that I’ve been there.
To help simplify things, I’ve put together a short video tutorial to show you how to setup a table and how you can achieve this easy + stylish dining table setting. Once you know where everything goes, you can add your own creativity by mixing and matching plates, using colorful glassware, or adding elaborately folded napkins. Whatever suits your fancy.
Hope this helps!
- Lay out a place mat, if you’re using one.
- Place the charger plates in the center of the table mats.
- Place the dinner, dessert & salad plates in the center of the charger.
- Place the forks in order of use to the left of the plates. The salad fork should be set to the left of the dinner fork.
- Place the knife to the right of the plates and then set the spoon to the right of the knife.
- Set the water glass in the top right corner, above the knife.
- Place the wineglass (either a red or a white wineglass, depending on what you’re serving) to the right or left of the water glass.
- Place napkin on top of the plates or beneath the fork.
Placemats – IKEA
Chargers – Stokes
Dinner Plates – Hudson’s Bay
Salad/Dessert Plates – Crate & Barrel
Utensils – Stokes
Candelabras – Pier 1
Centre Piece – Structube
Napkins + Napkin Rings – Pier 1
Glassware – Crate & Barrel